With the rapid development of the national economy, the application of injection molds in all walks of life has become more and more mature. Many plastic parts of products need to use injection molds, and the quality and service life of injection molds have a greater impact on the production cost of enterprises. Therefore, it is particularly important to improve the quality and maintenance of injection molding molds to improve the service life of injection molding molds. So what factors will affect the quality of injection molding molds? The injection molding mold will affect the final injection mold quality from raw materials, design, processing technology and other aspects, which is reflected in the following aspects.
1. Injection mold steel
Steel is the decisive factor for the quality of the mold, and the selection of reasonable steel is the top priority. The criteria for selecting steel are:
(1) Requirements for injection molding materials: Different plastics should use different steels, such as high polishing requirements, corrosion resistance requirements, and so on.
(2) Price: The steel can be used, not the more expensive the better; considering the cost of the mold, the mold steel should choose the material corresponding to the life of the mold to prevent waste.
(3) Surface treatment: The surface treatment of the injection molding mold is also very important. Nitriding can enhance the surface hardness of steel and effectively extend the life of the mold; electroplating can effectively modify the mold steel. For some plastic parts that require high brightness and corrosion resistance, electroplating can be used to enhance and improve the performance of the steel.
2. Structural design of injection mold
A mature mold structure not only takes into account the characteristics of product materials, shrinkage rate, molding temperature, elastic tensile deformation coefficient, etc., but also takes into account the cooling water path, the speed of opening and closing the mold, etc. A reasonable mold structure can effectively extend the life of the mold and ensure the smooth production of the mold, improve efficiency, and reduce costs.
3. Injection mold processing
The process structure of the mold is particularly important. A reasonable process structure can speed up the production cycle, shorten the processing time, and effectively save costs. And more importantly, accurate and reasonable processing can ensure the stability and extended life of the mold in the production process. Some processing mistakes will lead to mold welding. No matter how well the welding is, it is a loss to the mold; other poor processing may also affect the mold movement, reduce the life of the mold. As a result, the mold is cracked or even broken during the production process.
4. Standard parts of injection mold
Determine the capacity of the bucket is the lowest one. We all understand this principle, but we often fail to notice it when we do it. The same is true for injection molding molds. Although standard parts do not directly participate in molding, they control the operation of the entire mold. Good standard parts should be wear-resistant, hard enough, high precision, and not easy to deform.
5. Injection mold collision (flying mold)
It depends on the experience of the mold fitter, and the seemingly simple work is the most technical work. The first thing that messy molds look at is this work. The flat mold is the most simple, and the fractal surface is basically good as long as there is no flash break. For example, the mold for car parts is very troublesome, not only the fractal surface is relatively irregular, but also often contains multiple sliders and top blocks. At the same time, other problems of the mold can be improved and perfected by touching, so it is a comprehensive operation.
6. Injection mold polishing, skin texture
The polishing of the mold is the last link in the production of the mold. Polishing is reflected directly on the plastic part, so this is the most decent job. Plastic injection mold polishing can also help and make up for the mold action, especially for demolding. Often, some molds are not produced smoothly because the lighting is not in place, the resistance is too large, the mold release is difficult, and even the top is white and the top is cracked.
7. Injection mold device
The mold device is like an assembly machine. Every part and every screw can't make mistakes, otherwise the result will be quite serious, ranging from product defects and affecting production. Therefore, the work of the device must be very detailed. During the installation process, special attention should be paid to the cleaning of the injection mold, especially the waterway and screw holes, and the iron filings inside must be cleaned.