Injection moulds are tools for producing plastic products and providing complete structure and precise dimensions. Nowadays, the injection mold industry is mainly affected by the degree of mold standardization, mold precision, life and manufacturing cycle, mold steel products upgrade, enterprise management innovation level and other factors.
With the continuous development of injection molding technology in recent years, the plastic molding process has been improved, and there are more and more high-quality injection mold factories.
To produce a set of high quality injection molds, you need good mold processing equipment and skilled mold making workers. In addition, a very important factor is to have a good injection mold design, especially for complex molds, the good or bad mold design accounts for more than 80% of the mold quality. An excellent mold design is: to make the processing cost low, processing difficulty small, and processing time short under the premise of meeting the requirements of customers. To do this, not only should we fully digest the requirements of the guests, but also have an understanding of the injection molding machine, mold structure, processing technology and the mold factory's own processing capabilities.
(1) When at the stage of injection mold design engineering, you should first determine its mold opening direction and parting line to ensure that the extraction core slider mechanism is reduced as much as possible and to eliminate the impact of parting line on the appearance.
(2) Understand every detail of each mold design and the purpose of each part in the mold.
(3) The proper release slope can avoid product top injury, such as top white, top deformation, top break.
(4) In the design of more reference to previous similar design, and understand the situation in it mold processing and product production, learn from the experience and lessons learned.
(5) The design of injection molding products must take into account the contradiction between product appearance, performance and technology. Sometimes sacrifice part of the process, can get a very good appearance or performance.
(6) Learn more about the working process of the injection molding machine to deepen the relationship between the mold and the injection molding machine.
(7) Design the clasp device to share multiple clasps at the same time, so that the overall device will not be unable to operate because of damage to individual clasps, thus increasing its service life, and then consider adding more rounded corners to increase the strength.
(8) Go to the factory to understand the process of processed products and recognize the characteristics and limitations of each processing.
(9) Product identification is generally set at the flatter inner surface of the product and in the form of projection. Choosing the identification at the face where the normal direction is as consistent as possible with the opening direction of the mold can avoid strain.
(10) Understand the test results of injection mold design and mold change to learn lessons.
(11) Inserting inserts in injection molded products can increase local strength, hardness, dimensional accuracy and set small threaded holes (shafts) to meet various special needs. At the same time will increase the cost of the product.
(12) Try to use the previous more successful mold structure in the design.
(13) Set reasonable rounded corners, but also improve the processing of the mold, such as the cavity can be directly milled with R tools, and avoid inefficient electrical processing.
(14) More understanding of the impact of mold into water on the products.
(15) The pillar should not be used alone as far as possible, it should be connected to the outer wall or used together with the reinforcement, the purpose is to strengthen the strength of the pillar and make the rubber flow more smoothly.
(16) Study some special mold structure and understand the latest mold technology.
The main basis of injection moulding supplies design is the product drawings and samples provided by the customer. Designers must analyze and digest the products and samples carefully and in detail, and at the same time, they must check all the items one by one during the design process. When you start the mold design, you should pay more attention to consider several options, measure the advantages and disadvantages of each option, and choose one from them. Because of the reason of time awareness, the design which was considered reasonable before, after the practice of production use, there will definitely be something that can be improved.